North East Fire Company Fundraising Committee
2020 COVID-19 Event Mitigation Actions
Background: With the arrival of the Stage 3 Re-Opening in Maryland, we are again able to host events at 75% capacity including our staff in the Upper Chesapeake Ballroom. We are doing everything in our part to make a safe environment for our patrons and members as we begin hosting events. The following rules have been established with safety of all persons in mind.
Rules for VHR 2020
1) Hall, kitchen, vestibules and bathrooms will be professionally cleaned and sanitized per CDC and MDH guidelines both before and after events. This will include tables and chairs.
1) All guests will be required to social distance and wear a face mask when not seated at their table.
2) Round tables will be used with a maximum of six guests per table, no tables may be pulled together.
3) All staff will always be required to wear a mask during an event.
3) Betting will be done by table, betting will not be open to all at once. Our members will come to each table for collecting wagers before each race.
4) Congregating away from tables will discouraged. If you are getting an item at the bar, please do so then immediately return to your table. Social distancing marks will be established at the bar.
5) No food will be provided by the fire company and this includes snacks at tables or the bar.
6) Glasses may not be reused by patrons during the event for drinks.
7) Staff working the bar will be required to wear latex gloves.
8) Hand sanitizer will be supplied at the entrance, bar and near bathrooms during an event.
9) Bathrooms will be sanitized once per hour during an event.
10) All guests entering the building will be required to sign in and answer the state’s facility screening checklist. Answering yes to any of the questions will result in not being admitted to the event.
11) Temperature checks will be completed on all attendees and members, anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will be denied entry.
12) Only the main entrance vestibule door will be open. Persons may not enter nor exit the Roney Avenue door unless there is an emergency.
13) Non-compliance with the rules will result with the guest being asked to leave the event.
14) Refusal to sign in or complete a temperature check will result in the guest being denied entry.